Tags: sh, shell, bash
some sort of notes sort of taken as an aside during a lecture i gave on the basics of shell usage
- debugging a bash script: use the
- semicolons divide commands that are on the same line
- newlines are much more readable
- bash variables: there are local, global, string, integer,
constant, and array variables.
- global = env variables.
- local are available only in current shell.
- also predefined vars, like id (try
- capitalised by default. case-sensitive. local ones
- are sometimes done in lowercase, though. can contain
- integers, but can't start with integers.
- to get started with everything:
man 1 intro
git help everyday