Some Visual Studio oddities:
- undo is ctrl-z, but
- redo is shift-alt-backspace.
- there's no 'revert to saved' (which even basic text editors have)
- shift-tab only works if you have multiple lines selected
- jump-to-matching-symbol (
% in vim) only works sometimes
- there's no search-in-open-buffers, i think
- commenting out code:
- selecting text and hitting quotes will delete the text, not wrap in quotes
- line-numbers are off by default
- menus upon menus upon menus, each one slower than the last
I'm sure it's a really great IDE for C# people, but goddamn, it's slow. It also
has that horrible problem where you need to have Windows to use it.